MUMBAI, JUNE 01
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) revised its official website some time back, after which it added a new User Interface (UI), as stated in a press release issued by PIB (Press Information Bureau). The latest features have been added to the portal to make sure the users have a better experience.
Initially, users were invited to switch to the beta version of the website and have a first-hand experience of its functioning, design and usage for about 15 days. During this period, the Indian Railways will take suggestions from users for improvements and changes. After a thorough analysis of the beta version, the new interface will replace the old interface of IRCTC e-ticketing portal.
Here are the major features of the IRCTC new website:
1. The new design of the website has increased the train-wise, class-wise, destination-wise, departure/arrival time wise and quota-wise filters. 2. Single screen information regarding the train like the train name, train number, originating station, destination station and distances between them, arrival and departure time and journey time has now been arranged.
3. Customers now also have the advantage of changing the font size throughout the IRCTC website, depending on individual viewing comfort.
4. Filters on ‘My Transactions’ are added where users can view their previously booked tickets, depending on journey date, booking date, upcoming journey and completed journey.
5. ‘Waitlist prediction feature’ has also been introduced. With this feature, users can get the probability of a waitlisted or RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) ticket getting confirmed.
6. New attractive color scheme for different trains has been introduced with facility to modify the journey details on the journey planner page itself.
7. In the new system, user can do multiple tasks using booked history with improved interface for cancellation of tickets, request for additional SMS, printing of tickets, selecting alternative train using the option of ‘Vikalp’ and change of boarding point if required.
8. The new look offers the user the facility to find out the availability up to the entire Advance Reservation Period, which is 120 days, except some selected trains.
MUMBAI, JUNE 01